Radian6 is an awesome Brand Monitoring app. It created the space and got sold for whooping USD 376 million to Salesforce. This proved the viability of Social Media applications market outside of Gaming, and Radian6 deserves applause and the credit.
But there comes a question. Is Radian6 the best too to use for Brand Monitoring? I doubt. It seems the company is sleeping after getting acquired and only task they do post-acquisition is to make Radian6 better integrated to Salesforce. It makes good business sense in the short-term but by doing this Radian6 is selling its identity and the brand.
There are companies are Simplify360, which updates frequently and are presenting themselves as market visionaries. Their Slideshare and Facebook channel is well active. I can see lots of Quora updates from the company that compares itself with Radian6, Sysomos and Alterian. This lacks in Radian6.
The product companies will have to be leaders in sharing their vision of what happening next in the market. The clients and the agencies expect it from them. In this regard, I can see lots of reports being published by Ogilvy and Simplify360. Other agencies and product companies lack it seriously. This makes me feel that the market is slowly getting settled and the aggression once seen in the social media application market is slowing down.
Here are few of the reasons why I believe Simplify360 is a better tool.
- Visionary team and shared vision. This is extremely good. If you are a user of the tool, you seem to be better heard by Simplify360 team.
- Simplify360 has Facebook and Twitter profile Analytics, this is something Radian6 lacks.
- Learning time for Simplify360 is almost half the Radian6. The earlier tool has fewer features but it comes on the face.
- Somewhere I feel Simplify360 just copied the colour from Apple and basic tool design from MS Office. It has an extremely good navigation and look. Radian6 black color does not give good feeling to eye and it is painful when you use for longer duration.
- Now the best part of Simplify360 is the login and replies report. This makes it extremely appealing for agencies and the marketing managers.
I am just hoping that Radian6 does not lose its focus on a Software company trap, and retain its Social Media leadership as it used to do earlier. But for now, if you are looking for a brand monitoring tool, you may want to look beyond. Simplify360 is a seriously competition to the leader.